Sacred Heart Convent School, Jamalpur was established in 1992 by the Diocese of Jalandhar under the patronage and guidance of Rt. Rev. Dr. Symphorian Keeprath, the then Bishop of Jalandhar and through the sustained effort and hard work of its first Director, Rev. Fr. Hormise Nirmal Raj. The patron of the school is Rt. Rev. Dr.
Franco Mulakkal, the present Bishop of the Diocese of Jalandhar and the President of Diocese of Jalandhar, a Registered Charitable Society. The Diocese of Jalandhar is a Christian Association registered under the Society Registration Act XXI of 1860 vide no. 134 of 1957 – 1958, enjoying all the rights and privilege granted to the minorities enshrined in Articles 29 and 30 of the Indian Constitution. Although it is run by a minority Christian community with the primary objective of serving the minority Christian community, admission of the school is opened to the boys and girls of all the communities of all religions, caste and creed and every students is encouraged to admire, and practise his/her religion. The school has its heavenly Patron “JESUS CHRIST, THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD”.